Updating your Netgear extender firmware can be a bit confusing if you don’t know the exact process. But it isn’t that bad as it looks. Yes, on the contrary, the configuration process for a Netgear extender firmware is quite easy.
It is also essential to know that the major reason why people usually want to update their Netgear firmware is that due to some reason their old Netgear firmware is not working or either the Netgear firmware is not connecting properly with their respective devices.
So, if you too are facing the same kind of issue in updating your firmware, then don’t worry, we are here to help you out. But before we learn about how to update and setup Netgear extender firmware, it is important to also understand the basics of installing the Netgear range extender first.
How to Install Netgear Range Extender?
Configuring a Netgear range extender is quite easy. There are two methods to do so. Let’s see what are they?
Method 1 to Setup Netgear Range Extender
- Find the WPS button located next to the power button and switch it on.
- Once you switch it on, the light will start blinking solid green and amber.
- If you don’t find the WPS button, then you can manually setup the Netgear extender via Mywifiext local.
How do you do that? We have explained that in Method 2 given below.
- Connect your Wifi supported computer or laptop with the range extender.
- Open your web browser.
- Create a Netgear extender account if you don’t already have one.
- After creating the account, sign in with your username and password.
- After you have done this, place your extender at the low range or dead network zones to boost its connectivity.
Now, that you are aware of the basics of setting up a Netgear range extender, let’s focus on the firmware.
How to Update Netgear Extender Firmware?
There is no doubt that the firmware plays a very important role for every internet-enabled device, whether it be a personal computer or even a smartphone.
The firmware also plays a vital role in the performance of any device ensuring durability and long-lasting work. Thus, you should also know that most of the Netgear extenders work on a Genie setup and without regular firmware updates, one cannot have complete access to the Netgear WiFi range extender.
Manual Procedure to Update the Netgear Extender Firmware
After completing the Netgear Extender Setup, you will need to check the firmware version and know about the status of Netgear WiFi extender firmware.
How do you do this? Well, that is what we are here to help you with. All you need to do is follow the below-given steps to do that.
- Login to the Netgear Genie Setup Page of Mywifiext.
- If you are unable to login then you can use the default IP address, i.e., 192.168.1.250.
- You can also use the Netgear Genie app to log in and look for the network map option.
- After you are logged in, enter the username and password.
- On the left, you will see Netgear genie page and the firmware update option.
- Click on it and it will automatically show you the current firmware version.
- If there is any new firmware version available then click on it to download.
- After downloading it, click on the icon to start the installation process.
By chance, if you still face any kind of technical glitch or any other issue, get in touch with our professional experts to help you with your query.