Netgear is a well established company of the routers which has made its reputation all across the world with its benevolent features. Netgear covers almost all types of routers with the whole lot of innovative characteristics which makes these routers even more interesting. Netgear routers are highly responsible for making the seamless mesh of the network. As the generation has evolved, Netgear has also developed their router in order to meet the requirements of the users.
Some users still get the problems while connecting to the network due to various blockages which reduces the performance of the Netgear routers. Netgear routers are embedded with multiple bands and strengthening antennas which cover the wide range of signals. Even then, sometimes their performance gets degraded because of the existence of various barriers around them. Most users operate their devices from their home. Usually. home consists of various blockages that can become the reason of degrading the value of routers.
Some users even buy routers of the extensive range to solve out this problem but even then this problem doesn’t solve. There are various reasons which don’t even solve the problem, some are like different floors and metallic objects. Observing all these problems, Netgear introduced its Extender which acts as an intermediator of expanding the coverage area of the routers.
Extenders act as the Wifi Booster which boosts up the speed of the router by retransmitting the signals into the Wifi router. Any router which becomes the victim of the slow network and degrading performance is in the need of this device which enhances the functionality of the router. Range Extender functions as the bridge between the wifi router and the network source which rebroadcasts it to the area where signals are weak or nonexistent.
Extenders are placed on the midway of the router and the access point which repeats the signal on your router to expand its coverage.
These devices are basically placed on the dead spots where signals are sort of non-existent. They act as an intermediary which transmits the signals from network source to the router. These are generally used in large homes or huge business where signals do not meet the routers.
www.routerlogin.net (Netgear setup)
Netgear routers can easily be accessed by the www.routerlogin.net The link takes you directly to the web interface of the Netgear setup page.
Some situations on which Netgear extenders are generally used are
- One who wish to extend the Wifi range in an area or location whether it is outside the home such as deck or patio.
- To expand the wireless coverage which is desired on every home or any business, the performance even may vary which depends on distance, obstacle, and materials
- Wireless connection is also required to provide the connection of Ethernet to a device that does not even have wifi, either outside or within the signal area.
- A business, bank, office or home in which every area should be covered through the main router that is connected somewhere in the office but cannot be able to cover to every corner.
- The extender is also used sometimes on ATM which are outside the banks as their network source lies inside the bank but cannot be able to cover the portion of ATM. In order to provide enough signals to the ATM, extender are placed beside them.
- Various educational institutions are also now using the routers in order to use the advanced gadgets which use the strengthening signals.
- Heavy concrete walls on the government departments also act as the barrier between the network point and the router. Here also extenders are used in order to eliminate those barricades and provide the strengthened signals.
Connection of Extenders
Extenders can basically be connected with the help of three kinds. Users can connect their Extender with the help of three types. These types of connection have their various advantages and limitations. Every kind of connection is having its separate worth. According to the need of the customer, the user can pick any type of connection in order to make the efficient use of Extender to its customers.
Three types of Connection are
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. This is a smart type of connection which is used to extend the range of the router to have the efficient use of the routers. WPS connection is a very convenient method where the user does not have to face any type of hassle in order to establish the connection between the Extender and the router.
Steps to establish the connection between the wifi router and the extender.
- Unbox your Netgear Extender and plug it into your electrical outlet.
- To acknowledge that your router supports WPS button or not, check the WPS button in front of your router.
- After locating that button on your Netgear Router, turn it on in order to release the signals from your router.
- Then, turn on the WPS button of your Netgear Extender.
- Note: WPS LED will turn into Solid Green when both Extender, as well as the router, was able to establish the good connection between themselves.
- Now unplug your extender and take it to the halfway distance between the network source and the router or to that place where you have able to locate the blockage which is considered as the barrier in your signals.
- Note: It must be within the range of your Netgear router.
- You can identify the strong connection by noticing the Router Link LED to turn green. But if the LED turns red it means the connection is weak.
- Once you found a perfect location for your extender, connect your PC using the new Network Name.
- When connected, make sure to use the same password as of your router.
- Then move to the location where you want to use your wireless device.
Note: If you want to check the proper connection between your extender and the router then check the Client LED if the Green LED turns amber. You can access your Netgear extender setup by www.mywifiext.net
You will properly be connected with the Extender.
It is the safest type of connection in which an individual uses the Ethernet cable to establish the connection between the extender and the router. It is considered as the most secure connection as this is properly done with the wires and provides the secure connection between the extender and the router. It is the time taking method but the safest method to not face any technicalities while setting up the router with the extender.
Here are the steps with the help of which you can easily connect the Extender with the Ethernet Cable.
- Connect the Netgear Extender with the computer with the help of Ethernet Cable which can be inserted in any of the five LAN ports of the Netgear Extender.
- Now Open a browser by typing www.mywifiext.net on the link of the browser.
- Enter admin as the username and password as the password of the router.
- The page will ask for the frequency band, Select 2.4GHz or for 5 GHz according to the frequency band mentioned in your router.
- Once you selected the frequency band, you will enter into the security setting of your chosen frequency band.
- Fill up the password, Encryption strength and other details on the screen. Also, fill the extension name and the network names for your extender.
- At last Click Continue.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, meanwhile, Netgear extender is identifying the network with your router.
- Select my wireless device has been connected with the Netgear Extender.
- Click Finish.
- A pop-up screen will display which will identify the URL of the extender. Then Click OK.
- Netgear Registration screen will display which will be consisting of the username and the password.
- Click Register after filling all the credentials. A message will pop-up congratulating you about the successful registration of your extender with the router.
- Now disconnect the cable of extender with the router and place your extender on its place from where it will catch enough signals in order to deliver the high connectivity to the router.
You always have to configure your Netgear extender which can easily be done by www.mywifiext.net. After these steps, Netgear extender will be able to deliver its best performance to its user. Netgear extender will surely be having no issues with this method as this is the most reliable and assured method.
Wifi connection is the last and third method of connecting the routers with the extender. This method is the smartest of all method that have mentioned above. This method is generally used when the user does not want any inconvenience while connecting the router with the extender.
All you have to do is open the wifi of your wireless device in which you want to access the internet and connect the wifi with the network name of the extender. This method takes just a snap to establish the connection between the router and the extender. Even if, the user face any hassle while connecting the router with the Netgear Extender, then our Netgear Support team is always here to deal you out with those problems.
These are the steps to establish the connection between the Netgear extender and the router.
- Go to the Network and sharing center on the desktop or Laptop and search for the NETGEAR_EXT on your network.
- Click on it and wait for few seconds to connect the signals of wifi with the Netgear extender.
- Once it is connected, LED on the Netgear Extender should turn on.
- Open your browser and type www.mywifiext.net on the URL of the browser.
- Click YES and then Next.
- Select your preferred network and then click Continue.
- Enter the existing password for your wireless network.
- Select Use the same security password and mode for the existing network. Click Continue
- Last, Click Finish.
Note: The user can also log in by using www.mywifiext.net on the URL of the browser. Login as admin and password as the password.
Netgear Extender should be close to the router or the network source in order to deliver the best service to the customers?
Basically, it depends upon the range of your Netgear Extender, if the range of Netgear Extender is enough to provide the signals to the router then the distance can be compromised with the router. The extender will be enough to deliver enough speed to the router for its excellent performance. Make sure the extender is within the range of the network source in order to catch the signals from the access point and deliver it to the router.
What should I do if my device cannot be able to get the IP address from the extender even after the completion of the installation wizard?
Make sure that you have entered the correct password on your desktop. Still, if the device is not able to get the IP address of your Extender, Then do the following steps
- Move the wireless device closer to the router or move the extender near to your router.
- Register the MAC address on your router if you have not registered it before.
- Disable the wireless interface to your extender and enable it again to see your desktop or wireless device gets the IP address or not.
My Router security is WEP, can I be able to use the WPS method to connect my Extender to my Netgear router?
You cannot be able to use the WPS method if your router security WEP as WPS supports WPA/WPA2 security. You have to access it with the Genie setup of your Netgear Extender.
How can I reset my Netgear Extender?
Netgear Extender has the bottom panel which is consisting of the Factory Reset Button, this button should is used to reset the Netgear Extender manually. In order to press this button, find a paper clip and sleek needle to hold it for 10 seconds. Probably after 10 seconds the LED on the Netgear Extender will blink. Wait for the extender to reboot. Your Netgear Extender will get back to its default settings.