Netgear EX8000 gives you an enormous WiFi range that can cover your entire home or office without leaving any dead spot and without compromising with the speed. Netgear’s EX8000 X6S setup provides same ultra-high bandwidth as any of you standard WiFi device. It is compatible with any standard WiFi router.
Netgear’s Nighthawk AC3000 X6S Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model: EX8000 comes with five Ethernet ports. Out of five, four are outputs that facilitate your devices for Internet connectivity. One is acting as a LAN port. Connecting Netgear AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender with your WiFi router is piece of cake.
Netgear AC3000 EX8000 X6S Setup through WPS Method
Follow the below steps for the Netgear AC3000 EX8000 X6S setup:
- Power on your Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender.
- Bring your WiFi router and Netgear AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender into the same room.
- Plugin the extender for power supply.
- Wait till green light glows in your Netgear extender.
- Press the WPS Button of your extender.
- Check if your Netgear extender lights to white then the connection between the WiFi router and your extender is good.
(Note: If you are connecting the extender with your 5 GHz router by pressing the WPS button for the first time and the extender did not establish the connection, you may face lots of problems during the setup of Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender.)
- Now you can move your extender to a different location.
- Go the place with WiFi-enabled device like laptop, mobiles where your WiFi coverage is weak.
- Now connect your WiFi-enabled device with the extended network.
Note: Your Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender setup using WPS is done. If you face any difficulty during Netgear EX8000 setup through WPS, feel free to call our experts. We are committed to helping you at earliest.
Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S Setup Using Manual Method:
- Place your extender near the WiFi router.
- Plugin your Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S extender with a power supply.
- Wait till the LED light turns green.
- Establish a connection between your router and extender.
- Open any browser and type address https://www.mywifiext.net and click go.
- Follow the Netgear assistance to connect the extender to your wifi router.
- Relocate your extender to a new place.
- If you are facing any problems like no connection or a slow connection, then move near to the router and do again the set up procedure.
Note: If you are still facing any problem with Netgear EX8000 X6S extender, feel free to reach us. We are happy to help.
Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S Setup Using Netgear Nighthawk App.
You can also set up your Netgear Nighthawk extender using the app. You can download from the play store and app store for Android and Apple users respectively. The following are steps for the Nighthawk setup app:
- Turn on your router.
- Turn on your Netgear Nighthawk extender.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile.
- Open the Nighthawk app.
- Follow the on-screen simple steps for Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S Setup and connect to the internet.
Note: If you face any problem anywhere during the setup, call us without any hesitation. Our experts will help you in the setup.
Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S Setup Using Fastlane
With Fastlane technology, you will get the maximum speed of your WiFi. You can receive high-speed WiFi connectivity with this technology, by connecting your WiFi router to the Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 extender with a dedicated band and also a separate band connecting your WiFi device and the extender.
To establish your Netgear EX8000 X6S Setup through Fastlane technology, you may follow the following steps:
- Make a connection with your router and Netgear Nighthawk X6S extender.
- Open any browser in your device.
- Search for net in the address bar.
- Login by entering your username and password.
- Then, Click on ’Do More’, then click on ’Fastlane’.
- Two options will appear: first ’2.4 GHz only Device-to-extender and 5 GHz only extender-to-router’ and second ’ 5 GHz only Device-to-extender and 2.4 GHz only extender-to-router’.
- Select a suitable option for your need and click save.
Note: if get any difficulty during the setup with Fastlane technology, feel free to contact our experts. We are committed to helping you.
Some common problems you may face are listed following while Netgear EX8000 WiFi Extender Setup:
- Password incorrect for net.
- No internet connection even after the WiFi extender is connected.
- local is unable to connect.
- net not working.
- The extender is not connected to the network.
- Netgear Nighthawk Extender app is not working.
- 168.1.250 IP address is not working.
- Netgear EX8000 extender is not working.
- Netgear EX8000 showing no internet.
- Netgear genie smart page keeps popping up even after the Netgear EX8000 AC3000 WiFi extender setup.
- Don’t remember the Netgear extender default password.
- Netgear extender’s LED light keeps fluctuating.
- Unable to open net
- Issues in updating Netgear firmware.
- Unable to open Netgear EX8000 after updation.
- Filtering errors by Mac address.
- Netgear EX8000 failed updation.
- Login issues with Netgear EX8000 extender.
- No connection establishing between the extender and the internet.
- Unable to locate Netgear extender range network name.
- THE configuration CD is lost.
- WiFi connectivity issue.
- Connectivity drops by Netgear extender.
- Problem with Netgear extender red light.
- Issue related to Netgear extender reset.
- The Internet is not working even after it is connected.
Troubleshooting Tips for Issues related to Setup
Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips to fix issues related to your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 AC3000 WiFi range extender set up:
- Ensure proper power supply to your Netgear nighthawk extender.
- Ensure the power plug is not having any defects or issues.
- Ensure easy access to a high-speed internet connection on your wifi-enabled device.
- Ensure no wire in the wire connection is damaged or faulty.
- Ensure your Netgear EX8000 extender is not near to the wall, fish tank, corner of any room, metal object, microwave oven, Bluetooth device, aluminum studs, cordless phones, etc
- If any problems you are facing while accessing net, ensure that you are typing the correct URL in the address bar of your browser.
- Switch-off and switch-on once again if you are facing a problem while setting up the Netgear extender.
- Ensure your browser is updated to the latest version while opening net login.
- Netgear firmware on your extender must be of the latest version. Update it!
- Reset your Netgear extender to its factory default setting.
Note: If none of the above troubleshooting tips is useful for you, not to worry. We are here to help you out with any issues related to your Netgear Nighthawk EX8000 AC3000 extender.
Netgear EX8000 X6S Firmware: After the Setup, Update your Firmware.
Are you not receiving the required internet speed even after your Netgear AC3000 EX8000 WiFi range Extender setup is successfully done? Or you are facing sudden weird behavior of your Netgear EX8000 WiFi extender? If yes, not to worry. Just update the firmware on your Netgear EX8000 WiFi extender. Firmware in your Netgear extender is simply a set of instructions for your extender to perform smoothly incorporated with its hardware. It is a kind of operating system for your extender to perform, which is unique for every device and model. So, you must have updated to the latest version of firmware on your extender. Follow the steps below to update the firmware on you Netgear WiFi extender:
- Power on your Netgear extender.
- Open any web browser. Enter net on the address bar and enter.
- Log in with your username password.
- Open the setting menu. Click on the option Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on ’Check’ to see if there any new update version of Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 X6S firmware is out.
- If any latest version is available, click ’Yes’ to upgrade the firmware.
- Wait until the update process is completed successfully.
With this, the update process for your Netgear Nighthawk AC3000 EX8000 WiFi extender is completed successfully. If you face any kind of difficulty, feel free to contact us on our Chat Support.