Netgear EX8000 Range Extender
Netgear EX8000 Wireless Range Extender offers a solution to boost your wifi range to an extent. It gives the same ultra-high bandwidth of Netgear’s X6 router, as well as other powerful routers. Without sacrificing speed, you can extend the range to cover all dead-zone of your house or office.
A Netgear Nighthawk X6S router has more range to cover a 2500 square feet home. Netgear EX8000 wireless range extender has similar technology and can also cover the same range. However, using two range extenders won’t give you 5000 square feet of coverage.
On the back of your extender, you’ll find five Ethernet ports. In which Four of these are outputs, allowing you to connect your hardwired devices to the internet. One of them acts as a LAN port. The LAN port is designed to make the extender operate as an access point. This means that you connect the extender it to an ethernet cable network, producing an entirely new wireless network.
If you’re using Netgear EX8000 as a range extender, the only cable you’ll require to connect is a network cable. Instead of an Ethernet cable, the Wi-Fi extender connects to your main router through a dedicated backhaul channel. This is mange through a 4/4 ( which is also known as Quad MIMO) 5GHz radio. What this consider is that there is a dedicated channel on the 5GHz bandwidth.
Netgear EX8000 extender Features
- Supreme AC3000 Wireless connectivity: for giving up to 3Gbps connection.
- Smart Connect: for securely connecting with WiFi band (5GHz or 2.4GHz)for every device
- Multi-Connectivity MIMO (MU-MIMO): for concurrent streaming connection of data to every device.
Quadcore Chip: for extending hard-wired and wireless connection for better streaming and hassle-free gaming.
- High-Performance Antennas: for great performance.
- Ethernet Plugins: for connecting wired devices like gaming consoles, multimedia streaming set-top boxes, or smart tv’s to your home WiFi network
- USB Slot: for connecting your printer.
- Analytics Application for Android devices: signal strength, for optimizing your network and channel interference.
Netgear EX8000 Extender Setup Using WPS Method
For the successful completion of Netgear EX8000 setup using WPS method, follow the steps given below:
- Power up Netgear EX8000 range extender.
- Make sure both your router and extender are in the same room at the time of EX8000.
- Press the WPS on your extender.
- If the Link Status LED on the extender lights white, it shows that the connection between both the WiFi devices is good.
- Now, press the WPS button your router.
That’s it! You are done with the Netgear EX8000 extender setup using WPS method.
- Next, move EX8000 to a new location.
- Connect your WiFi-active devices to the extended network of EX8000 and enjoy using internet from just about anywhere.
In case you got stuck while doing Netgear EX8000 setup, get in touch with our proficient technicians.
Netgear EX8000 Setup using Netgear Installation Assistant
If you want to configure your Netgear EX8000 using the manual method, then here’s how to do it.
- For EX8000 extender setup, power up your device.
- Make sure both your router and extender are in close proximity.
- Once done, connect the range extender to your existing router using an Ethernet cable.
- After that, launch a web browser on your computer/laptop and visit mywifiext. If the default web address is not working, get in touch with our experts for immediate assistance.
- Hitting the Enter button will reveal the screen.
- Here, enter the default login credentials of your Netgear EX8000 WiFi range extender and hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear EX8000 setup using the manual method.
If even after following the steps given above, you can’t make your extenderEX8000 up and running, then feel free to contact our experts via chat or email.
Netgear EX8000 Extender Firmware Update
Once you are done with the Netgear EX8000 setup, you are advised to update the firmware of your device. Updating the firmware version not only fixes bugs and issues but also helps in making your device high-performing. Here’s how to update EX8000 Netgear extender firmware.
- Power up your extender and connect it to your existing WiFi router.
- Now, open a web browser and access the login page of your EX8000 range extender.
- Log in to your extender by entering the admin username and password.
- Once done, navigate to the settings of your device and check of Firmware Update.
- Hit the Check button for confirming the availability of a new version.
- If available, hit on the Yes button to update your device with the latest firmware version.