Netgear EX7300 WiFi Range Extender
Netgear Ex7300 Setup : Netgear is one of the biggest names when it comes to the Wi-Fi industry. Netgear is credited for bringing innovation and introducing new technologies in the routers and Wi-Fi extenders. In this blog, we are going to talk about one such specific model by Netgear that is designed to boost the range of your Wi-Fi and ensure a wider and stronger signal or Wi-Fi for your home network.
We are going to tell you the steps to configure Netgear EX7300 using the Netgear installation guide.
Key Features of Netgear EX7300
- Netgear Ac2200 Extends 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi signals from existing WiFi routers for better range
- Dual-band WiFi up to 2.2Gbps
- Up to 10,000 ft² of coverage
- MU-MIMO for simultaneously streaming to multiple devices
- High power amplifiers and internal antenna array increase range
- FastLane technology improves performance using both WiFi bands
- Convenient wall plug design for easy, discreet placement
- Netgear Ac2200 Works with any WiFi router
Netgear EX7300 Setup
First and foremost let’s try to understand how to connect with the Netgear installation assistant.
- To start the Netgear Ex7300 setup process, the first thing that you will need is a reliable power supply. When you find that power supply, you need to plug the extender outlet.
- After plugging, wait for the power LED light to go green. It that doesn’t happen then checks the on/off button again.
- Now for the third and one of the most important steps, all you need to do is to connect your extender to your computer. For this process, you will need an Ethernet cable that will allow you to connect the extender to your system. Alternate method is also there that can turn out to be far easier. For this, all you need to do is open the Wi-Fi manager on your device and connect to the network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Launch an updated web browser on your device.
- Now, look for the address bar and enter www.mywifiext.net or https://192.168.1.250 and press enter to proceed with the process.
- After this, you will see a Netgear Ex7300 Setup Page opening on the screen.
- Click on the Netgear Ac2200 New Extender Setup available on the screen.
- After this, another page will open asking for some information to enter. Enter the details and click on the next button to proceed with the process.
- Now, select the network of your router and connect with it from your laptop.
- In the password section that comes up. Enter the current password for the router that you want to extend this new Wi-Fi range extender.
- Now, set the password and username for your connection according to your choice.
- After this, connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to your new extender using the SSID and password that you’ve created in former steps.
- Ensure that your WI-FI connected device is successfully connected before you click the Continue button.
- Click on the continue button and you will see a message popping up and telling you that you are connected and the extender is ready to be used.
- Click on the next button on the page. After this, you will see a registration page opening asking for different kinds of details.
- Complete the Netgear Ex7300 setup process by entering the details and finally click on Finish Button to complete the setup process. In case you don’t want to register to the Netgear extender then you can always skip the registration part by clicking simply on the skip registration button. The registration is only necessary in case someone wants the Netgear telephone support.
- Now for the next step in Netgear EX7300 Setup what you need to do is unplug the extender from where it was plugged in and move it halfway between the place where your Wi-Fi router is kept and the spot where you need the strong signal.
- Now, plug your Netgear Ex7300 extender again into a reliable electrical outlet and wait for the LED light present on the Netgear going green.
- Use the LED of the router link to choose the spot where signal to router connection is important and most reliable.
- The some problem comes and the LED doesn’t light up. In this case, what you need to do is decrease the distance between the router and the extender. You will have to keep adjusting the position of the extender as long as there is no proper connection between them. When the connection is established, you will see the same light turning green.
- Now, all you need to do if you want to connect to a blazing fast and extended network, is to reconnect your computer to the extended Netgear AC2200 network.