Netgear EX6200 wifi range extender
Maximize the power of your network and make sure you have coverage in every corner of your home with the Netgear EX6200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender. Get ultimate range and performance you need for iPads®, smartphones, laptops & more. Now with MU-MIMO for simultaneously streaming to multiple devices
Netgear EX6200 has a couple of feature regular routers that go beyond its looks. The Netgear EX6200 was one of the first range extenders to bost the 11ac technology. As such, this WiFi range extender supports devices with the latest Wi-Fi technology. This means it supports a broader range and faster Wi-Fi service for you. And it doesn’t stop there – it has some other valuable features, like a USB 3.0 connection, that increase its versatility and have redefined how we see boosters.
The EX6200 has another great feature, which is it can offer two modes of operation. First is your standard browsing mode where both bands are extended and other is FastLane mode, which only extends either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz but increases the range.
Netgear EX6200 also gives you five gigabit Ethernet ports that allow it to function as a bridge. It’s not compact in terms of physical appearance like some other Wi-Fi extenders, but it has more to offer in terms of performance. It is a true dual-band booster, and you can connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands separately or simultaneously. With its 801.11ac Wi-Fi technology, this is currently the best range extender on the market.
NETGEAR EX6200 (AC1200) SPECIFICATIONS:
- AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6200)
- Quick start guide
- Do More booklet
- Power adapter
- Two (2) 5dBi dual band detachable external antennas
PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS of Netgear AC1200
Dimensions: 9.92 x 6.85 x 1.22 in (252 x 174 x 31 mm)
Weight: 0.67 lb (302 g)
Netgear EX6200 Extender Setup Using WPS Method
For the successful completion of Netgear EX6200 setup using WPS method, follow the steps given below:
- Plug in Netgear EX6200 range extender and turn it on.
- Make sure both your WiFi devices are in the same room at the time of EX6200 Netgear extender setup.
- Press the WPS button on your range extender.
- If the Link Status LED on the WiFi extender lights white, it shows that the connection between both the devices is good.
- Now, press the WPS button your router.
That’s it! You are done with the Netgear EX6200 extender setup using WPS method.
- Next, move EX6200 to a new location.
- Connect your WiFi-active devices to the extended network of EX6200 and enjoy using internet from just about anywhere.
In case you got stuck while doing Netgear EX6200 setup EX6200, get in touch with our proficient technicians.
Netgear EX6200 Setup using Netgear Installation Assistant
If you want to configure your Netgear EX6200 using the manual method, then here’s how to do it.
- For EX6200 extender setup, power up your device.
- Make sure both your router and extender are in close proximity.
- Once done, connect the range extender to your existing router using an Ethernet cable.
- After that, launch a web browser on your computer/laptop and visit mywifiext. If the default web address is not working, get in touch with our experts for immediate assistance.
- Hitting the Enter button will reveal the new extender setup login page.
- Here, enter the default login credentials of your Netgear EX6200 WiFi range extender and hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear EX6200 setup using the manual method.
If even after following the steps given above, you can’t make your extender EX6200 up and running, then feel free to contact our experts via chat or email.
Netgear EX6200 Extender Firmware Update
Once you are done with the EX6200 Netgear EX6200 setup, you are advised to update the firmware of your device. Updating the firmware version not only fixes bugs and issues but also helps in making your device high-performing. Here’s how to update EX6200 Netgear extender firmware.
- Power up your extender and connect it to your existing WiFi router.
- Now, open a web browser and access the login page of your EX6200 range extender.
- Log in to your extender by entering the admin username and password.
- Once done, navigate to the settings of your device and check of Firmware Update.
- Hit the Check button for confirming the availability of a new version.
- If available, hit on the Yes button to update your device with the latest firmware version.
That’s it! This is how you can update the firmware of your Netgear EX6200 extender. In case of any assistance, reach out to our experts anytime.