Have you received a message like the Netgear Extender firmware update failed? If you have seen such a message while updating the Netgear by accessing mywifiext, then take it seriously. You can solve this problem by following the troubleshooting steps given in this article and after solving the issues update your Netgear Extender Firmware through the mywifiext.net
Why Netgear Extender firmware update failed:
Several reasons can cause the failure of Netgear Extender firmware update like; issues with Internet connectivity, network security, WiFi router, laptop or computer or your Netgear Extender.here we are providing you a list of various reasons that can cause the Netgear Extender firmware update failure and also check the solutions for it.
Spotty Internet Connectivity
Keep the following things in mind before the Netgear Extender firmware latest version installation with the help of mywifiext
- Check the connection of your laptop / computer to its Netgear Extender, your laptop / computer and Netgear Extender must be properly connected for trouble free installation.
- Keep in mind that your extender should be kept near your WiFi router.
- Do not forget to check whether your WiFi router is updated with the latest firmware version or not, you can also face the problem in the absence of it.
On downloading a corrupt firmware file
Have you updated the extender firmware without scanning it? If yes, then never do this, as this may be the reason for your Netgear Extender firmware update failure.
Wifi network security problem
A threat to WiFi network security may also prevent your Netgear Extender firmware from being downloaded. Always keep a strong and unique WiFi password, to avoid this problem.
Sometimes the problem occurred because of the malfunction in the hardware of your device or WiFi Extender.
Connectivity issues can also cause the firmware update failure. To get rid of this, keep your WiFi extender and WiFi router in the same room; otherwise your extender may have problems taking Internet signals from the main router.
This rule also applies to your laptop / computer. So always make sure that your system and Netgender Extender are properly connected, so that Netgear Extender can access mywifiext setup web address without any hassle.
The reason behind the firmware update failure may also be the cable problem associated with the computer / laptop or router. Therefore, once such problem occurs, check all the wires and cables connected to the equipment. Rather, make sure in advance that there are no cuts or cracks in any wires and cables attached to the system.
If you checked all the above mentioned issues, then now you are ready to download the latest version of your Netgear Extender firmware.
Procedure of Netgear extender firmware Update
- First of all you have to use www.mywifiext.net to setup Netgear WiFi Extender.
- Open your favorite web browser in your computer / laptop and go to mywifiext.net.
- You can also use the default IP if the default web address does not work.
- Now you can see the Extender login page. Here, you need to fill in your login details.
- Enter your username and password, and thus your extender set up process will be completed.
- Now, to update your Netgear Extender Firmware, go to Settings then click on the Firmware Update option.
- On clicking the option you will see the status of the firmware.
- On the availability of new firmware, you can download and install it by clicking on the firmware update option.