Now you can make your WiFi connectivity reach every portion of your house by simply installing the Netgear EX6150 extender setup. Easily compatible with any standard router, this booster device can increase your router range, delivering up to 1200 Mbps of speed. So you can enjoy high definition videos buffering-free anywhere in your large home.
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender supports 802.11 ac devices and b/g/h WiFi devices. It also comes with the 802.11 at dual-band WiFi. To give you a smooth networking experience, it comes with extra antennas. It is also equipped with multiple inputs – multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technology to augment multiple devices.
Netgear EX6150 Setup through Internet Browser:
- Plugin your extender device to power and wait till it’s power LED turns to solid green.
- Connect the extender with your router.
- Open any browser and type address www.mywifiext.net and click go.
- Click on New Extender Setup.
- Go to WiFi RANGE EXTENDER.
- Choose the WiFi network which you want to extend and click NEXT.
- Type your wireless password and click NEXT.
- Enter the network name and other security settings. Click NEXT.
- Now, connect the tour WiFi device to the extender and click Continue.
- Your extender is now ready to work as a wireless range extender.
Note: If you face any difficulty during the Netgear EX6150 setup, feel free to call our experts. We are committed to helping you at earliest.
Netgear EX6150 Setup through WPS:
- Put the router and extender in the same room.
- Plugin extender for power and wait till it’s LED light turns on green.
- Press the WPS button of your extender.
- To check if the connection between the router and extender is good, see link status LED light turns into white.
(Note: If you are connecting the extender with your 5 GHz router by pressing the WPS button for the first time and the extender did not establish the connection, you may face lots of problems during the setup of Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender.)
- Relocate your extender anywhere new.
- Go the place with WiFi-enabled devices like laptops, mobiles where your WiFi coverage is weak.
- Now connect your WiFi-enabled device with the extended network.
Note: If you face any difficulty during Netgear EX6150 set up through WPS, feel free to call our experts. We are committed to helping you at earliest.
Netgear EX6150 Setup through Fastlane Setup:
With Fastlane technology, you can get the fullest performance of your WiFi. You can receive high-speed WiFi connectivity with this technology, by connecting your WiFi router to Netgear EX6150 extender with a dedicated band and also a separate band connecting your WiFi device and the extender.
To establish your Netgear EX6150 Setup through Fastlane technology, you may follow the following steps:
- Make a connection with your router and extender.
- Open any browser in your device.
- Search net in the address bar.
- Login by entering your username and password.
- Click on ’Do More’, then click on ’Fastlane’.
- Two options will appear: first ’2.4 GHz only Device-to-extender and 5 GHz only extender-to-router’ and second ’ 5 GHz only Device-to-extender and 2.4 GHz only extender-to-router’.
- Select a suitable option.
Note: If you face any difficulty during Netgear EX6150 set up through Fastlane, feel free to call our experts. We are committed to helping you at earliest.
If you face any of the following problems while Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup:
- Password incorrect for net.
- No internet connection even after the WiFi extender is connected.
- local is unable to connect.
- net not working.
- The extender is not connected to the network.
- The Netgear Extender app is not working.
- 168.1.250 IP address is not working.
- Netgear extender is not working.
- Netgear EX1650 showing no internet.
- Netgear genie smart page keeps popping up even after the Netgear EX6150 AC1200 WiFi extender setup.
- Don’t remember the Netgear extender default password.
- Netgear extender’s LED light keeps fluctuating.
- Unable to open net
- Issues in updating Netgear firmware.
- Unable to open Netgear EX6150 after updation.
- Filtering errors by Mac address.
- Netgear EX6150 failed updation.
- Login issues with Netgear EX6150 extender.
- No connection establishing between the extender and the internet.
- Unable to locate Netgear extender range network name.
- THE configuration CD is lost.
- WiFi connectivity issue.
- Connectivity drops by Netgear extender.
- Problem with Netgear extender red light.
- Issue related to Netgear extender reset.
- The Internet is not working even after it is connected.
Netgear EX6150 WiFi Range Extender Setup: Troubleshooting Tips for Issues related to Setup
Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips to fix issues related to your Netgear EX6150 WiFi range extender set up:
- Ensure proper power supply to your Netgear extender.
- Ensure the power plug is not having any defects or issues.
- Ensure easy access to a high-speed internet connection on your wifi-enabled device.
- Ensure no wire in the wire connection is damaged or faulty.
- Ensure your Netgear extender is not near to the wall, fish tank, corner of any room, metal object, microwave oven, Bluetooth device, aluminum studs, cordless phones, etc
- If any problems you are facing while accessing net, ensure that you are typing the correct URL in the address bar of your browser.
- Switch-off and switch-on once again if you are facing a problem while setting up the Netgear extender.
- Ensure your browser is updated to the latest version while opening net login.
- Netgear firmware on your extender must be of the latest version. Update it!
- Reset your Netgear extender to its factory default setting.
Note: If none of the above troubleshooting tips is useful for you, not to worry. We are here to help you out with any issues related to your Netgear EX6150 extender.
Netgear EX6150 Firmware: After the Setup, Update your Firmware.
Are you not receiving the required internet speed even after your Netgear AC2100 EX6150 WiFi range Extender set up is successfully done? Or you are facing sudden weird behavior of your Netgear WiFi extender? If yes, not to worry. Just update the firmware on your Netgear EX6150 WiFi extender. Firmware in your Netgear extender is simply a set of instructions for your extender to perform smoothly incorporated with its hardware. It is a kind of operating system for your extender to perform, which is unique for every device and model. So, you must have updated to the latest version of firmware on your extender. Follow the steps below to update the firmware on you Netgear WiFi extender:
- Power on your Netgear extender.
- Open any web browser. Enter net on the address bar and enter.
- Login your username password.
- Open the setting menu. Click on the option Firmware Upgrade.
- Click on ’Check’ to see if there any new update version of Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware is out.
- If any latest version is available, click ’Yes’ to upgrade the firmware.
- Wait until the update process is completed successfully.
With this, the update process for your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi extender is completed successfully. If you face any kind of difficulty, feel free to chat with our Experts.