A new Netgear device is set up by the IP address 192.168.1.250. You need to enter this IP address in the web browser. This IP address will take you to the default login page of the WiFi extender where you may install and configure the device. It is specialized to handle the smart setup wizard on your device.
The Class C IP range lies in the range of 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255. This address is a part of the private IP address that follows RFC standards. This IP can only be accessed in private locations and not in public networks otherwise it may show an error or take too long to load.
The Network devices provide the IP address (private) by means of a NAS (Network Address Translation). The existing router assigns these addresses via DHCP. Almost every router is configured with 192.168.1.1 and the same is the default IP of Netgear extender.
192.168.1.250- How to Login
You can access your extender through IP address 192.168.1.250, where you can set up the network security, update the firmware, and make changes to the settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps to access the setup page.
- Open any of the web browsers on your PC (make sure router is turned on)
- Type the IP address (192.168.1.250) in the address bar and press ‘enter’. You may use Http:// or https:// prior to IP address.
- Now after the web page is opened, you need to enter the username and password.
- After logging, you will be on the admin panel where you can change and see configurations and settings of your device.
Netgear Genie Setup with 192.168.1.250
You can configure your Netgear Genie Setup with this IP address. Now, just visit the IP address page, this is called a genie setup or Netgear installation assistant onscreen setup guide for setting up of WiFi extender. If you are still not able to set up the extender, you may contact our team in order to get it configured.
Connect the extender to WiFi to access the Netgear genie smart setup wizard. Log in by entering the IP address 192.168.1.250 in the web browser and follow the below steps in the setup wizard:
- Click on the tab mentioned as ‘NEXT’
- It will identify the type of internet connection
- Now you can alter settings as per your need
- Save all the changes
The WiFi extender configuration is completed with IP address 192.168.1.250.
Change 192.168.1.250 Login Password
The default password can be easily entered by anyone and they can enter your network easily. So, you must make it more secure with a high-security password. Once you have purchased your device, you should change your default password by accessing the dashboard on an IP address. You may follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Turn on your WiFi device
- Open a web browser; enter the IP address in the URL bar.
- Now navigate to the wireless settings on the dashboard.
- Next, you need to enter the network key and the type of password you need.
- Now enter the existing password and then the new one you want.
- Click on the tab, ‘Apply’.
If you find any problem with changing the password, feel free to contact our experts for any technical assistance.